Are you interested in joining the Junior League of Wichita Falls?
WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU!
The Junior League of Wichita Falls is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
We welcome all women who value our Mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of individuals, organizations and communities.
What is the Provisional Course?
The Provisional Member Course is intended to serve as an introduction to the Junior League of Wichita Falls (JLWF) and the Association of Junior Leagues International (AJLI).
During the course, Provisional Members will be offered education about the League in general and about its role in the community. Provisional Members will also have the opportunity to participate in a variety of volunteer and fundraising projects and receive training to become a valuable volunteer for Junior League of Wichita Falls and the Greater Wichita Falls community. The Provisional Member Course will include an orientation, bimonthly informational meetings, a class project and participating in League volunteer opportunities, educational projects and fundraising events.
At the conclusion of the Provisional Member Course, those Provisional Members who have successfully completed their Provisional Member Requirements, as outlined below, shall be recommended for acceptance into Active Membership.
When do the Provisional Courses begin?
The Junior League of Wichita Falls holds two provisional courses per year, one beginning in August (Fall Course) and one in January (Spring Course). Each course is 5 months long.
What does the Provisional Course include: Attendance Opportunities and Responsibilities
- General Meetings (GM) –
Fall Course: Attend 2 of 3 GMs from September through November (there is no December GM)
Spring Course: Attend 3 of the 4 GMs from January through April (there is no May GM)
- Provisional Member Meetings (PMM) –
Fall Course: Attend 7 of 8 PMMs from August through December
Spring Course: Attend 5 of 6 PMMs from January through May
- If a Provisional Member will be missing a meeting or event, she should notify her Admissions/Provisional Chair at least 5 days prior to the meeting.
- Attend Annual Dinner at the end of the league year (Current annual dinner date: May 8, 2018)
- Christmas Magic – Fall Course: Work Two 3-hour shifts at Christmas Magic (always the first full weekend of November)
- In the event that a second GM or PMM is missed, the Provisional Member will be responsible for making up one (1) meeting by:
- Working an additional two (2) hour shift at Christmas Magic (Fall Course)
- Attending the next Prospective Member Orientation.
- Other project or meeting assigned by the Admissions/Provisional Chair.
What are the Financial Responsibilities?
Dues, Fees, and other Financial Responsibilities for the Provisional Member Course (Aug-Dec)
- Membership Dues –
Fall Course: to include the entire year, beyond your provisional course $150.00
Spring Course: Prorated Provisional $57.50
- Provisional Member Fee $30.00
Ready to Join Us?
Click HERE for a downloadable application to join our organization!
OR click HERE to complete the application online!
If you have any further questions, please email our 2018-2019 Provisional Committee Chairs (Madeline Eubanks firstname.lastname@example.org or Jennifer Moser email@example.com). We look forward to having you become a volunteer with the Junior League of Wichita Falls and helping us impact our community!