The Community Advisory Committee is a diverse group of community representatives whose purpose is to assist and advise the Junior League. Eight community leaders serve on a staggered term basis and are selected for one-year terms with membership limited to three consecutive terms. The League Accountant and Attorney are considered Permanent Members.
The Community Advisory Committee enhances the League by:
- Communicating the League’s purposes and programs to the community
- Increasing the League’s visibility, credibility, and importance in the community
- Assessing and advising on community needs and resources
- Providing feedback from another perspective
- Counseling the Board on specific issues facing the League
- Assisting in strategic planning and program development
Meet out current Community Advisory Committee members. Please take time to get to know these area leaders and League supporters.
Mrs. Gayle Jones, Executive Director; United Regional Foundation
Mrs. Jana Schmader, Executive Director; Downtown Wichita Falls Development
Mr. Bert Huff, President of Mystaf
Mrs. Katherine McGregor, Broker/Owner; McGregor Real Estate Group
Mrs. Barbara Merkle, Director of Admissions Emeritus; Midwestern State University
Mr. Mac Cannedy, League Accountant; Freemon, Shapard & Story
Mr. Joe Steimel, League Attorney; Law Offices of Joe B. Steimel